Head Bobbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
I mentioned it in another thread and figured I'd ask if anyone has any ideas about this behavior.

Earlier today Toothless jumped up from his Basking rock and darted right toward the glass, stopped and looked at me and raised up high on his front legs and bobbed his head at me like he was trying to instigate a fight. Kind of like a Bulldog would stand. What's this about? He hasn't Blackened he beard at me yet, I'm waiting for this. But what's up with the strutting and bobbing at me through the glass after Darting across the enclosure?

20090806171036_222527_1.jpg

Mike

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thegreybush":5zojc1c2 said:
MY CAGE! RAWR! YOU NO COME IN!'

Dominance, sir. Dominance.

I guess he wasn't expecting me to open the door reach in and plop his puffy little but on my shoulder.

Mike

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Very possible that he's threatening his reflection. Its a common behavior. Head bobbing and black bearding is also used for attracting the ladies. You could paper off the sides of his tank if you like, make it lest reflective.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
That's a nice cage mate. With the lights inside he probably sees his reflection in the front. I wouldn't sweat it. Its one of their more adorable traits in my masculine opinion.

awwww....look he's trying to dominate me..... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom