Head bobbing, black beard and snapping at fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

butchelsa

I was at my brother-in-law's house over the weekend and his male exhibited the above behaviors. Mine have never done this, they are as sweet and playful as can be. Also, my b-in-law lets him have free run, but, had been gone for a couple days so the little guy had been closed up in a very small viv. Might this had something to do with the behaviors?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is he? Sometimes they go through phases in which they are energetic, grumpy, and more aggressive than usual.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a fully grown adult then. Is he treated well? Is he handled regularly? If he isn't used to handling or if he isn't feeling well he may be more aggressive than other dragons.

butchelsa

Original Poster
He is treated well, and handled almost daily. During the day he has run of the living room. His viv is is about 1 1/2 his length. If he is used to getting out and is stuck inside for a few days would that bring on the aggressive displays?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's very strange then. Sometimes they can catch a glimpse of something that sets them off or they just don't feel good one day and are more agitated than normal. I'm not sure if that's the case here though. Has he been acting normally since you left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom