He won't eat his greens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
My 3 month old eats squash and pea pods and corn and sometimes a bit of fruit. We offer lots of things but he picks out these foods. All the forums talk about how important greens are and he's not bothered. They mention collard, dandelion, mustard greens - any suggestions for alternatives? Am in Australia and don't have these nearby. Thanks :D

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Since he's 3 months old is diet should be 80% protein and salad 20%. Its normal for him to want mainly protein. Just offer salad everyday and eventually he'll start eating more salad when he's ready.

sallycinnamon

Original Poster
He loves butternut squash. He eats pea pods. We offer him all sorts of other greens and other veg and fruit but if he has any, it seems to be by accident while he's scoffing the squash! if I dont include the squash he leaves the veggies to dry out.. Am hoping it'll get better as he gets older x

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
sallycinnamon":3vw2fkc8 said:
He loves butternut squash. He eats pea pods. We offer him all sorts of other greens and other veg and fruit but if he has any, it seems to be by accident while he's scoffing the squash! if I dont include the squash he leaves the veggies to dry out.. Am hoping it'll get better as he gets older x
have you tried squishing berries (removing the seeds in the process) and mixing his salad in the juice? like a salad dressing of sorts....also dicing the squash smaller and mixing it in the greens can help. mine just attacks his greens and i suspect hes only 3 or 4 months old. you might want to soak any blackberries in water for a minute or two while shaking them a bit first. there are tiny little bugs that tend to hitchhike on those, i have even seen them on store berries!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Try hand feeding some green leafy stuff , he might start taking it then.

Else just keep on offering the greens , he'll eventually start to nibble on it.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
sallycinnamon":1c78ebjv said:
Great berry idea thanks for the tip ?
I got it from someone on here, i had a good laugh yesterday when my beardie heard the man reading the creepy story he was listening to say "pull up a chair and get some popcorn" and then promptly turned around and ate most of his beardie bites!! Poor little guy looked like he was about to explode...he then realized that little plate was for him to pick off of when hungry, not pig out on and engulf around 8 bites in one go....good thing my little butter ball is getting to be a big boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom