he won't drink water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been able to get my Beardie to drink water. I've had him about 5 days and he hasn't drank any water. I've tried running water on his nose and splashing in the bath also put a water dish in his viv but I don't want to leave it in there too long because of humidity. He's still a little skittish from the new home so if I try a dropper in front of him he usually runs away. Help!

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
In that time he is probably still going through relocation stress.
Bearded Dragons don't drink water (unless they want to). They absorb water from spraying them, giving them baths, sitting in the water bowl or from greens. They don't recognise still water. They just absorb it.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
He will be scared if you for a little while especially if he is new to your home.

A water dish won't raise your humidity much if at all (a small shallow bowl in the cool side) but it will also probably just get ignored. I've only seen one of my dragons drink from a dish one time, and it was more of like a couple licks than anything.

Best way is to keep up the baths, and make sure his insects get plenty to drink, and his greens are nice and juicy :)

icelore

Juvie Member
TheReptile838":25nx5su6 said:
They absorb water from spraying them, giving them baths, sitting in the water bowl or from greens. They don't recognise still water. They just absorb it.

Dragons do not absorb water from being sprayed. That is one of the reason that it is completely pointless to spray a dragon or his/her tank - it just raises the humidity and does nothing else. Their skin has evolved so that no moisture is lost in their natural dry climate, and that means that no moisture goes in through the skin either.

They get all their needed moisture from their greens and bugs, and can absorb water through their vent when sitting in the bath if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom