He finally decided to quit hiding, but still no poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles

Glad to see him back on his favorite log after several days of hiding in the darker/cool side.
SprintPhoto_bhulnd.jpg

He still hasn't pooped though! Probably because he hasn't been basking? Little booger! I can't get him to the vet until later this week at the soonest. They did say to try canned pumpkin, so I gave him a little with his breakfast.

Nibbles

Original Poster
I've read that it's normal for a beardie to poop as little as once a week. Is that true? Shouldn't he still bask after eating? He was going every 2-3 days for me up until he quit basking. Last week was pretty busy for me, but the last time I recall him going was Saturday, April 7th. He stopped basking on the 9th/10th. Now he just hides in the cool area after eating.

Nibbles

Original Poster
Oh, and I have tried altering the basking temps thinking maybe his preferences had changed, but it hasn't helped.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Has he been eating normally?

My beardie is going through something, maybe similiar.. Hasn't eaten much or basked.. and it's been weeks since he's pooped. =[

Nibbles

Original Poster
He's still eating, but maybe a little less than usual. Today he has eaten a few bites of salad w/pumpkin(mashed) and about 15 phoenix worms.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Well I hope everything works out. I don't know what advise to give you. Hopefully someone can.
You got all your lights correct and updated bulbs?

Nibbles

Original Poster
Yep. As far as I know he is set up correctly. Brandon made a couple of suggestions, which I did. We took him out for his bath a little bit ago, and boy is he crabby! I guess he's ok so far, but I hope he snaps out of this soon. I'm mainly worried about the food in his belly getting digested properly.

Nibbles

Original Poster
Well, from everything I've read, the only good explanation I can find for Chompers recent behavior is brumation, so I'm going to try to stop worrying over him. StaceysBuddy, I hope your little guy is ok too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom