He ate a flower!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fxybx3

Titan has made huge strides recently and we've been handling him daily now. He likes to take off really quickly so we keep him in our lap.
My toddler was bringing me flowers from the yard and he took it right out of her hand as she was handing it to me.
Their called Beggar tick is he going to be okay? It happened so fast i had 0 time to react -_- I've read their used in tea and as a medicinal herb, but I'm worried about him.

94818-8114247536.jpg

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Unless he ate quite a bit of them he'll be fine. He may have an upset stomach at the worst, but I even doubt that, it sounds like he just grabbed a bite or two, he'd have to eat a bunch of them to cause any gastrointestinal distress, and they aren't listed as being poisonous, only that they may contain high levels of nitrates if eaten in large quantities. So just watch him, if he shows any lethargy or vomiting then you'll need a reptile vet, but he should be perfectly fine.

Fxybx3

Original Poster
EllenD":3ocqzgqq said:
Unless he ate quite a bit of them he'll be fine. He may have an upset stomach at the worst, but I even doubt that, it sounds like he just grabbed a bite or two, he'd have to eat a bunch of them to cause any gastrointestinal distress, and they aren't listed as being poisonous, only that they may contain high levels of nitrates if eaten in large quantities. So just watch him, if he shows any lethargy or vomiting then you'll need a reptile vet, but he should be perfectly fine.

Thank you. I read somewhere they are safe for uromastyx lizards, but that doesnt really mean much since theyre so different. I've been keeping super close eye on him. Thank you thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom