having problems with electric

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not for sure its my electric, but im really irritated. we have gone through 8 basking lights in 6 months or less..

today i turned on the lamp and it poped after barely even being turned on. is there somthing im missing? is there anyway i can prevent this? its really starting to burn a hole in my broke pocket
also dont know alot about electric so if this is an obvious fix im sorry.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you in the US or in the UK?
What type of bulbs are burning out, your basking bulbs or your UVB lights?
A lot of reasons for lights burning out prematurely would be insufficient wattage support.
Meaning you are using too much wattage for the light fixture.

Tracie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I have seen other posters complaining about this and have similar experiences. For a basking light, it seems that you can get away with a standard outdoor halogen flood light bulb, which is a lot more rugged than the pet store basking bulbs. I'm in the process of switching out mine to these, and so far no issues with keeping temps up. You could also try putting your lights on a power strip that has a surge protector in case line spikes from your power company are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom