Having issues with Lexia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
She is the most active beardie ive ever seen shes always been this way since she was a tiny thing. I got her at 5 weeks she will be 1 yr old the 13th of Jan. She has 3 working legs and 1 that dosnt work at all(birth defect) Well she seems to be running off all the food/hydration she intakes. I think shes skinny to skinny for my liking. She dosnt eat much maybe 3 to 4 supers and a couple bites of her veggies. This last month she stopped eating her veggies she will take 1 to 2 bites thats it. Shes the most hard headed thing ive came across shes a grump. Ive been trying to feed her babyfood. Some days she will and some days she refuses. She takes her calcium just fine. She drinks from her bath i have to give her a bath almost everyday because she dehydrates if i dont. She runs around her viv for at least 6 hours a day. When its her roam time she spends the hour or so at the back sliding door trying to get outside. If its to cold she just runs laps around our living room. Ive triple checked everything in her viv its all spot on basking is 103f she has a reptiSun 10 (new) but switching to a MVB this month. Ive even removed 1/2 her stuff in her viv because she gets herself stuck and to make more room for her to run around in ease. Ive noticed the last week her fat pads have been going down. Shes just super active in and out of the viv. Is there such thing as beardie valium? She always has a creamy white belly never any stress marks. Any sugestions would be very helpful.

This is a picture of her. (shes black bearding at my grandson she dosnt like him)
PC270100-1.jpg

Only picture of her tail i have. Keep in mind its very strong she uses it to compensate for her front leg not working.
PC270101-1.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
I actually would get a new thermometer and double check the temps again just to be safe, you could also try lowering them to around 100 and see if it helps her be more comfortable in her cage. It there anything by her cage making noise or vibrating? I've seen snakes constantly try to escape from fans running to close to the cage.
The only other thing I can suggest is get a fecal if you haven't yet. Even if she is just a super hyper dragon, she should be eating more/keeping on weight better. I don't think she is really skinny but a little bit more bulk wouldn't be bad. Keep in mind that a lot of beardies you seen on here are fat, mine included.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I double checked her temps this morning after i woke her up and its 102f. Nothing is near the viv we have actually switched her vivs 3 times in the last 3 months to try and make her more comfy and to see if that might be her issue. Same reaction. We are thinking about changing her background right now its of rocks. She trys to climb them. She may be just a hyper girl. Shes small too. Shes 17 inches but her head and body are small she looks like a 4 to 5 month old. Shes always been a dinky thing. I'll try and get more food in her. I think i got scared when i noticed her fat pads were gone. All 4 of my other beardies are of good weight. Lexia is our special girl shes always had me worrying about her at one point or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom