have to get this off my chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
I recently just upgraded Bilbo to a bigger viv and of course I sold my old one like you do.

The person I sold it to has 2 bearded dragons around 9-10 months old living together in a home made viv, POS in my opinion, and a tortoise that was living in a cardboard box, she said the viv was for the tortoise.

I have however just been informed by my partner that they are ALL living in the viv 48x18x18!!!!!

Now correct me if im am mistaken but that's not big enough for one adult beardie let alone 2 subs, and don't the tortoise not have different climate needs????

needless to say I was not impressed when she told me

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ugh, that's really too bad. That tank is about right for one dragon alone and you're right in that the tortoise should have it's own space and environment. I really wish this sort of thing wasn't so common. I'm not really sure what to do other than offer advice and data to people and hope they make well informed decisions regarding the animals in their care.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Indeed, it makes me sick what some do. I for one put all our animals before ourselves, they are helpless with out us so its our duty to make sure they have a good quality life.

I have been eyeing up a beautiful yellow dragon in a local chain store, been there for at least a month and a half and Im really keen to give her a loving home, as im sure she gets very limited attention in the store.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If I had a bigger house I'd take her in a heart beat. So sweet and I love the colours, would look great along side my orange citrus

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully someone will come to the store and give her a good home soon. Maybe provide the store owner with the URL for this site so whoever takes her can log in and keep us up to date on her progress =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom