Have I hurt him by not using Calcium with D3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coley54

Hatchling Member
I feel like the biggest jerk (Oops! Didn't realize that was considered a swear...Insert bad beardie mom!) on the planet. How badly have I hurt my boy? I misread some information and thought I was NOT supposed to use calcium with D3 but rereading some old stuff I realize I AM supposed to using Calcium with D3. Obviously his feeding this evening will be dusted with Calcium with D3Thoughts??

1. How old is your dragon? 5 or 6 months give or take

2. How long have you had your dragon? Since early March, so 5 months.

3. How long is your dragon? Roughly 12 1/2 inches

4. What is the sex of your dragon? Male

5. What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 4 x 2 x 2

6. What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? Tile

7. Do you use UVB lights? Yes

8. If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Fluorescent

9. What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? Reptisun 10.0

10. How old is your UVB bulb? new bulb when he moved into his bigger enclosure in May so about 2 1/2 - 3 months old

11. How close can your dragon get to the UVB? As close as 6 inches.

12. Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb? Right now, it is a 40 watt clear household bulb

13. What are the basking temps? They bounce between 107 and 109 depending on the temp in the house.

14. What is the cool side temp? Typically between 75 and 80.

15. Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Probe, temp gun will be here in a few days.

16. Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? Basking temp is taken in 'his spot' for basking...when he isn't laying on the probe is when i get the most accurate temps. :)

17. Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? Neither

18. What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Gut loaded Crickets in the evening (they get a mix of flukers cricket food, powdered alfalfa and powdered bee pollen) and pheonix worms in the morning. Plus his greens...right now enjoying collard greens and butternut squash.

19. How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? He has his greens all day. I put a bowl of pheonix worms in his tank in the morning to eat as he pleases while I am at work, then he eats at 5ish every evening.

20. Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes, Flukers cricket food mixed with alfalfa powder and bee pollen powder (from beardeddragons.co)

21. Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? RepcalCalcium 5x a week and Herptavite 2x a week.

22. Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? Oh yes...

23. Do you bath your dragon? How often? Every other day...every day when shedding. He stays in for 10 to 15 minutes.

24. Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? Nope but sometimes I offer water on the tip of my finger.

25. Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? I have not.

26. Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? He is an only dragon. :)

Thank you for any thoughts or advice!!

bobbycarp

Hatchling Member
If you can take him outside for real sunlight even better. There is such a thing as D toxicity. Also needs some natural fat in his diet which he will get with a good feeder insect. D is fat soluble.

Coley54

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I do take him out a bit...not much until his leash arrives. He's freaked and jumped before and I don't want to lose him. We'll get more outside time once that arrives. Thank you for the input!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom