HATE crickets ! Options??

Status
Not open for further replies.

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Im so done with crickets , they smell , they are loud, they die and bite my beardie. Grrrr ! What are my opions? "Skittle" loves to chase them but im so done with them :/ she is about 6 months and eats greens now but i would like to know what other options I have for feeding ? TY ( anyone) :roll:

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Roaches :D !
Also silkworms and phoenix worms are good.You can feed occasional hornworms,superworms,and butterworms. :wink:

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
How large is she? Once she is 16 inches long you can use superworms which are easy to keep and even breed if you want. Otherwise you can use soft bodied worms: pheonix worms, butter worms, horn worms, silk worms, and wax worms (although wax worms are like dragon junk food, so only use them as a treat).

hoeseG

how big is your bearded i also am getting tired of crickets more that my wife dosent like to hear them and wanted to switch to worm.

IMG369.jpg

this is him are worms safe to give him/her at this age

kaylorin

Roaches, roaches, roaches...by the way, did I forget to mention roaches? :D

I abhor crickets too - their smell, noise, and the fact they bite. Discoids and Dubia roaches are very easy to raise - though they do take some time to get a good colony going. Roaches have a higher protein/chitin ratio - the chitin is softer, they don't bite, don't make much noise (can hear them scurrying, but they don't chirp!), easier to gutload (they don't metabolize their food as fast). If you are in FL you can't have dubia, but I think discoids are ok.

Just do a google search and you can find multiple places to purchase them and you will find caresheets also. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My husband will not allow dubia because of his past as a kid or something... so I guess I will have to go with worms...but horn worms are like 80.00 online !!!!

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
and i agree roaches are the best i am trying to raise my colony :D i think i might get some more adult f dubias soon

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I agree with roaches..i have a small colony of dubia going and both of mine love them. No noise, smell and they cant climb smooth surfaces. Easy to raise and care for also.

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
ok ty i will be waiting for them, i hope they like them , they never had them before.. i will be ordering fem roaches soon from u too . :D

CNS

jackiesmama":vvguwhex said:
ok ty i will be waiting for them, i hope they like them , they never had them before.. i will be ordering fem roaches soon from u too . :D

They'll love them, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom