Hatchlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

assualtangel

Original Poster
Tigresssnow":c0aqqkpa said:
Can you post a photo of the leg? It's unfortunately common for nips no matter what. Best is to separate the aggressive one into it's own separate enclosure (a plastic storage bin will work wonders for this and be inexpensive) for the rest of it's life as I don't believe aggressiveness reverses with time. How old is the baby that was bitten, and how is he acting? Does he favour the leg and limp or not move around at all? If he stops eating due to trauma you may need to buy carnivore care by oxbow (10 bucks off amazon) to keep it healthy while the leg heals. Pick up some unpasteurized honey (it's a natural antibacterial agent when unpasteurized) and apply it twice a day I believe it is. You won't want to leave crix unattended as they will be attracted to the honey and will add to the damage. Try to rinse the blood and debris off the leg with a soak in water and keep an eye out for discomfort. I'm trying to think of what else helps. If the other babies seem interested I the honey you may have to separate the baby in question as well. Please let me know and try to post a photo. If it is indeed broken I'm unsure if there's any at home remedy for that.

I tried to post a pic but it froze, will try again tomorrow and he does not move around a lot and does favor it when he does. He seems like ge is in discomfort from it as I noticed one of gis legs were twitching after I picked him up. I have not tried to feed him yet I will let you know gow that goes tomorrow. I was not here when this was noticed so I was not able to give him a bath right away. My friend was here feedimg them. I will however give him a bath in the morning and will grab some honey well I am out. I do not feed them in their enclosures tht they are in now so I will not have to worry about leaving them unattended if the honey is on. Oh and thw baby is only about 3 weeks old. I think I answered all of the questions lol

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Have you been able to identify the aggressive one? If your friend was feeding them is it possible it was just an accident as well? I have had a toe nibbled on when a piece of bok Choy landed on them and the other tried to get it. Are you using a handheld device or the computer? I know the uploader is known to freeze for internet explorer, and if it freezes for anything else a quick refresh does the trick. Make sure to pay extra care to this little one :)
On a side note it seems your hatchlings are around as old as mine. They hatched between the 10th and the 20th of July. They grow quite fast eh?

assualtangel

Original Poster
Tigresssnow":36eyf6s7 said:
Have you been able to identify the aggressive one? If your friend was feeding them is it possible it was just an accident as well? I have had a toe nibbled on when a piece of bok Choy landed on them and the other tried to get it. Are you using a handheld device or the computer? I know the uploader is known to freeze for internet explorer, and if it freezes for anything else a quick refresh does the trick. Make sure to pay extra care to this little one :)
On a side note it seems your hatchlings are around as old as mine. They hatched between the 10th and the 20th of July. They grow quite fast eh?

They grow super fast :) and no when he got here to feed them the baby had already had the injury and was just lying there. I am using a hand held device. We are pretty sure we got the aggressive one and he is in a tub by himself. Crossing our fingers that the one we moved was thw aggresser lol. Kind of a gueasing game when you are not here to witness it. Sometimes wish I did not have to go to work lol

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Totally understandable. It'd be hard to raise hatchlings and work. I'm glad you think you found the aggressive one, how is the injured baby? Has he eaten at all?

Boba29

Just thought I'd add my two cents about the babies that aren't eating, i had a couple of hatchlings that didn't really eat much for a couple of days and then they she'd and they were fine so maybe they just don't want to eat because they are going into shed and the ones that didn't eat I would hold a cricket next to there mouth and kind of rub it against their lips and some of them would gulp it up after tasting it so maybe you could try that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom