Hatchling rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Thought I would post some pics of new hatchling rack I made. It was made out of 1/2 plywood, I framed the bottom with 2x4 for support. It is 6 x 2 x 4 with 3 levels which fits 4 tubs per level with 18 inches between each level. Flourescent lights attached to the underside of the first 2 levels, I have a 4ft over hanging light for the top level. With each tub having its own basking light. The rack is on wheels for easy moving, also is secured with screws so it can be broken down for easy storage when not in use.

CIMG0669.jpg

CIMG0671.jpg

CIMG0672.jpg

CIMG0673.jpg

the wood support in the middle is not screwed down so it can be moved if needed to acomodate different sized tubs
CIMG0678.jpg

CIMG0679.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

If anyone has any questions or comments feel free..

Thanks Pat

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Hey dude,
since you started a new post, I figured I would reply here. They look nice. Simple and to the point. I may change my design a little now. Thanks for shareing.
Tom

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey Tom no problem. When I was looking for ideas there wasn't many post re: this so I figured I would post mine. Always looking to improve on future projects so any ideas or comments are welcome.. :D

rin0425

Hatchling Member
where did you buy your strip light fixtures and dome lights? Can you find dome lights somewhere other than a pet store for 15 bucks a pop? need to set up my hatchling racks and im looking for as inexpensive as possible. Thanks!
Aaron

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Any home improvement store sells the dome lights as well as walmart. And if I had to guess I would bet a small child that the florecent fixture came from walmart. for 7.99 at 24 inchs...lol

rin0425

Hatchling Member
nice! Im learning about all of these things, and i cant help but add up in my head all of the money ive spent at pet stores thus far...a small fortune to say the least...but now I know, and my wallet thanks all of you! Ill post pics once i build my hatchling rack...which will be soon as im running out of time with the eggs due in less than 4 weeks. Thanks again!
Aaron

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I aint posting any pics of the rack I just made....lol
There isnt a level spot, and it was made with cast off wood. It looks like a franenstien's monster...lol
With that being said It will do the job.

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey Tom you win a small child... :lol: I Got the fixtures from walmart for $8 and the dome lamps from the local ace hardware store(which I work at part time so I get a good discount :mrgreen: ). The lights are hooked up to 2 power strips and a timer. Yeah it is a lot of electricity but it is part of breeding and raising babies. Tom I bet it is fine as long as it works for you...

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Oh my goodness! I noticed a raise in the electric bill when I got Brutus. I couldn't imagine what your bills look like! yikes! :lol:

acer

Thanks for reposting. Looks like it will work good. I finished mine last night, all but one reptisun 10.0 (will be in tomorrow.) I'll post pics in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom