hasn't shed in awhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sully is about 6 months old right now, and he's just about 15 inches long (woo!). however, he hasn't shed since probaby end of October/beginning of November? I'm not sure how much dragons are supposed to shed really, but it seemed odd to me, because usually he'd shed almost every 2 weeks, and now he's not even lightening up like he's going to go into a shed. should I be worried? he has grown since his last shed, because he was 13-14 inches in October/November, just no shed. I was just curious as to if this is normal? everything else about him is perfectly fine, just wondering if it's normal for sheds to space out more and more as they get older, I've never gotten a real answer to this question before.

It is normal to have the sheds space out as they get older. However, at about 6 months, Sully should still be shedding frequently. Not as frequently as he was when he was a baby, sure, but still frequently. I would guess that you'll start to see lighter scales push up within about a week or two. Make sure you're giving him baths like every other day if you can. Also, giving his veggies a nice misting will help hydrate him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom