Not open for further replies.
60 gal vivarium
Hot spot 95-105
Reptisun 10.0
Artifical grass as substrate
1year old this week
18-19 long
Female

Right the last time she pooped was 2 weeks ago and the time before that was 2 weeks before that.

I offer collard/spring greens everyday which she eats every last drop, she also eats crickets aswel, roughly between 15-20.

I bath her every other day for 15mins and whilst she's in the bath I rub her belly.

Is their any tips that I could do to make her poo?

Is it worth a trip to the vet?

Thanks

Xeyla

You can try giving her a little bit of plain applesauce once a day, until she goes poo. Or you can give her 1-2 drops of olive oil a day, until she goes poo. I have used the Olive Oil on my beardy, and it took him about 2 days to pass whatever was in him. It might take your girl longer though.

Harriesowner

Original Poster
I have neither haha, I will buy a syringe when I buy either the applesauce or olive oil. Which one is better?

Thank you.

Xeyla

I've only used Olive Oil. I use a medicine/eye dropper. I get the dropper at my local Walmart, in the Pharmacy area where they keep the Eye products.

You can dip a worm in mineral oil and feed her the worm. You could also try leaving her in the bath longer. Also give her a ceramic cave or some such piece of furniture in the bath so she can prop herself up half way, sometimes this position helps mine poop. A little privacy in the bath also helps mine go. She's so silly, but if I watch she won't go and as soon as I leave, I can come back in 5 min and she'll have pooped!

Harriesowner

Original Poster
I gave her a 2 drops of olive oil last night, and bathe her for half an hour. She's back in the bath today. Should I carry on feeding her or just wait until she poos's

Personally I've never heard of olive oil for a laxative. Mineral oil actually says on the bottle it can be used as a laxative. So I would dip a worm in mineral oil and see if that helps. I got that tip off this forum at some point. Maybe olive oil work, but it doesn't work in mammal medicine :) If she's still eating, I would still feed her. Eating stimulates the entire digestive system so a meal may help stimulate the urge to dedicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom