Hasn't pooped for a couple of weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

So it's been awhile since I've posted on here but I have a year and a half old bearded dragon, Daphne, whom I've had for a couple of months-I got her from a friend of a friend. Recently I've noticed that she hasn't pooped in a couple of weeks. I put her in a warm bath every night for the past few days for about 30 minutes and I make sure to massage her belly too. She swims and flails around while she's in there and hasn't pooped. Yesterday I got a superworm (I don't feed these to her very often but she loves them a lot) that was dipped in oil and then tonight I did the same thing-put her in a warm bath for about 30 minutes and massaged her belly. She swims and runs around while she's in there-and she still hasn't pooped. I'm at a loss of what to do cause I feel like I've tried everything. She's so young and spritely I don't want to lose her.

Other than her not pooping she acts completely fine. I haven't fed her anything that would cause impaction, she's got tile for flooring so its not sand or anything she can't digest. Her basking temp is around 100 degrees during the day and cool side is about 80-85 degrees during the day. Normally she eats mustard greens and phoenix worms every day. Isn't too interested in mustard greens but still eats some of them. She's also got a good UV light in her viv as well

When I bathe her and massage her belly I can feel a lump on her right side-is she constipated?
Is it time for her to go to the vet? Emergency clinic?

Thank you in advance for anything that helps!

Gail

BD.org Addict
I would feed her some apple sauce with a bit of vegetable oil mixed in. No more superworms until she has went poo. a day or two of soft food should get her going.

If you can't get her to go in the next few days, a vet visit would be a good idea. I wouldn't rush her to emergency unless she starts to act off.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Gail, it's almost never en emergency....things will " come out " after you've given her a few natural laxatives. Try the applesauce and or a combo of these other things....canned pumpkin, baby food prunes or squash and a few drops of honey or veg. oil. It's pretty common for adult beardies to get constipated, there are plenty of threads here about it and they all eventually go. :) You don't want to go to an inexperienced vet who decides to give an enema, that sometimes ends up in death. Just be patient ....you can also try a deeper + warmer than usual bath which might stimulate her to go, or take her outside.

admiralgoose

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions! Yeah I figured it wasn't an emergency I just couldn't really think of anything else, I will definitely try the apple sauce with a mix of the other things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom