Hasn't moved in 2 hours, head down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry she isn't feeling very well! Are you going to get her to the vet in the morning then?
Is her beard darkened also? How old is she?
I definitely would recommend x-rays & a calcium booster especially if she does have eggs. I hope that she can get some rest tonight & will be ok! Let us know how she is doing. Bless her. :D

Tracie

BertieTheBeardie

Original Poster
SLDragon":1vrwy2nk said:
Is that just normal play sand?

Is she showing interest in food?

How is she set up?

It is normal sand, she has shown a large intrest in food, she has a large water bowl, a food bowl, a cork hideout(she never hides though she likes to sit on it) and a large basking branch, I don't know what the lights are as they came with her

BertieTheBeardie

Original Poster
Drache613":4o84fiuo said:
Hello,

I am sorry she isn't feeling very well! Are you going to get her to the vet in the morning then?
Is her beard darkened also? How old is she?
I definitely would recommend x-rays & a calcium booster especially if she does have eggs. I hope that she can get some rest tonight & will be ok! Let us know how she is doing. Bless her. :D

Tracie

I am going to see how she is later, her beard isn't darkened and she is 3y/o I'll give her calcium today, thank you :)

BertieTheBeardie

Original Poster
She is ok! She won't stop running around and my sister said she's been scratching at the wall all day and glass surfing. Her appetite has changed, she wouldn't stop eating yesterday but today she hardly ate anything so I hand fed her a few pieces and am about to try and feed her worms. According to websites this means she's about to lay

SLDragon

BertieTheBeardie":24ytiqf2 said:
SLDragon":24ytiqf2 said:

How is she set up?

It is normal sand, she has shown a large intrest in food, she has a large water bowl, a food bowl, a cork hideout(she never hides though she likes to sit on it) and a large basking branch, I don't know what the lights are as they came with her

Ok, that's good that it's not calci sand, do you know where it is from though?

As well as a branch, a piece of slate is good for a basking spot, they retain heat and radiate it from below.

You need to find out the lighting type. If she came with the equipment i'd be worried it isn't good enough. UVB lighting has to be replaced regularly as well.

Do you know her temps?

BertieTheBeardie

Original Poster
SLDragon":jejiub3w said:
BertieTheBeardie":jejiub3w said:
SLDragon":jejiub3w said:

How is she set up?

Ok, that's good that it's not calci sand, do you know where it is from though?

As well as a branch, a piece of slate is good for a basking spot, they retain heat and radiate it from below.

You need to find out the lighting type. If she came with the equipment i'd be worried it isn't good enough. UVB lighting has to be replaced regularly as well.

Do you know her temps?

The sand is from my local pet shop(Her old owners had her on wood chippings and she likes to dig so I changed it) I have some pieces of slate in my shed I'll disinfect etg
I have ordered a new lamp and am going to go to the large petshop to buy the others on the weekend. The temps are 105F or 40 celcius, I have thermometers in her enclosure, the lights are on a timer, 6:30am(when I wake up) to 8:30pm so 14hrs

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Rather than private messaging a member, it would be good if the discussion was viewable by all so that we can all learn. Also, since you are of school age, your parents may not like the idea and we want everyone to be happy] :wink:

Since some thermometers are very inaccurate, could you fill us in on the type you're using?

Glad to hear she has improved. Please keep a close eye on her.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I'm glad she's feeling better. Are your thermometers the digital probe type ? Some of the round dail or strip ones are no good. Has she been digging in her lay box today ?

SLDragon

I'd personally have the temps at basking a little higher.

Do you know what type of lamp you have ordered?

Sorry to bang on about sand, do you know the brand, some of the ones sold as being suitable for reptiles are anything but.

Play sand from somewhere like early learning centre or Argos is perfect and only about 3 quid a bag. I'd mix that with organic / additive free soil for a substrate.

BertieTheBeardie

Original Poster

SLDragon

ok, i don't know that sand off hand, personally i'd get rid just in case and use the cheap stuff, mix with soil and give your lizard a nice, deep safe substrate.

Definitely get digital thermometers and ideally a temperature gun. those dial ones can be very wrong.

You need to double check the light make and possibly return it. Is it a tube light? I'm sure you know how much BDs need a good source of UVB light, some lights just are not good enough. If you are in the UK i'd look at Arcadia T5 HO 14% tubes, but you need to check their instructions on installation to check you can use it safely.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that getting either temperature gun or digital with long wire & probe end would be best.

Please let us know which UVB bulb you ordered. It's very important to get one that produces a good amount of UVB in a good sized area. The Repti-Sun 10.0 T5 bulbs are good ones and Todd from www.lightyourreptiles.com has all the Arcadia brands which are great.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Swell Reptiles carries Arcadia lighting in the UK. They're a pretty good source for a lot of equipment and ship all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom