Has light brown discoloration and started to bleed on head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can get some raw unpasteurized honey to put on that area. It looks like it could be a possible burn or a bruise, but he will be alright.
Is he eating well right now? His colors are terrific though & he has good physical size, too.
Let us know how he is doing. :D

Tracie

RosesBeardies

Original Poster
It's a 100 watt. Sometimes he goes up there but he hasn't been going to the very top lately.
His little head seems to gotten worse today :( I haven't got the honey thing yet I don't know where to get it.
88217-5506415218.jpg

RosesBeardies

Original Poster
He's eating he started to slow down since it got cooler but he's eating and running around but he isn't digesting his worms all too well :( he's doing good still trying to poop on me xD and still has his personality.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
You can get the honey at a health foods store or you can try a vitamin shop. Make sure it's raw and unpasteurized.

RosesBeardies

Original Poster
Since he also has a Respiratory Infection I'm trying to clear it up by using the F10sc Veterinary disinfectant Frogger treatment alot of people done it with snakes so I just lowered the dosage of the F10sc and the time but can I still do that treatment with his little head all banged up? Or should I wait till his little head healed? I know a lot of people have their opinions on this treatment but I don't like the reptile vet near (they weren't helpful with my other beardies problem) and all the other vets cost way to much.

RosesBeardies

Original Poster
88217-3788831453.jpg
I just got the honey and I put a little on his head. How many times do I put it on or is just a one time thing? And do I leave it or leave it for a little bit and wash it off?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I would probably leave it on like you would Neosporin. Maybe 3x a day till it looks healed. That's great you got it super fast. I don't know anything about the RI treatment you are doing, someone better suited should answer that.

RosesBeardies

Original Poster
So here's a update I got the honey and I put it on his little owe 3x a day since yesterday I just put the first one on today. I don't know if his head looks better or worse. Here's a few photos
88217-1807835051.jpg
88217-1985158627.jpg
88217-6705646086.jpg
88217-4665883640.jpg
That's was before I put the honey on.
Here's with the honey
88217-4982896517.jpg
I don't know if I put too much on or not.

I also have a few questions
can he eat the honey?
And the respiratory question I asked earlier about can I use the F10sc Veterinary disinfectant Frogger treatment with his head banged up or should I wait until he's healed first? His Respiratory Infection is still there it was a lot better a few days ago but now it got worse:( he keeps on hissing/burping to breathe.
Sorry I'm just a very worried dragon mother.

RosesBeardies

Original Poster
It goes back and forth from 20% - 50% i know that's a huge jump i don't if its correct though but i have a fish tank also in my room so that might be it. I'm going to try to get rid of it soon or move it. That link you sent me is it good for bearded dragons? I have Reptaid witch seems similar but its so hard for me to get him to take it from a syringe.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hopefully honey will do the trick. And yes he can definitely eat it...it's good for his entire G.I. tract. :) Beardies like the taste of it [ most do ] and it can be added to slurries to get a dragon eating again sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom