Has anyone used national geographic entree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine just gave e a package of it and was wonderig what its like for them? i obviously dont mean as a staple but is it fine for a treat or to add it to salad or something?

Also curious if anyone uses the like dead dried out bugs you can get? How are they? are they fine ?

Also wondered if anyone knows if a 100 watt is good for a 4 ft by just under 2 by just under 2 foot enclosure?

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Haven't really used it myself, but I have heard a few things about it, mostly that Beardies didn't seem that interested in it.
Dehydrated bugs are okay if you can get your beardies to eat them, but they obviously have no water in them, so it removes a major hydration factor from their food. You're better off with live food still.
It depends on where the tank is. It should be enough, but I would test the temperatures first. You can always get a higher watt bulb and just use a dimmer switch to adjust your light to adjust the temperatures.

justins1991

Original Poster
checking temperatures now but it seems like the 100 watt is to much its reading at 112 in the basking spot? think that would be ok or really to hot? i know most people say 105 to 110. and the little thing you lay inside to check temperature like is it supposed to be touching the basking spot platform or in the air?

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
I would reduce the temps if possible with something like a dimmer switch.
You want surface temperatures.
What exactly are you using to take the temperatures? Pictures would help.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, those should all work out just fine. Make sure you also provide cooler areas (around ~75-80).
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom