Has anyone tried feeding there beardies apples

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
I looked on Beautiful Dragons.com they said u can rarely feed them apples i am tryin to feed onyx and he wont eat atleast i dont think but i wanted to try feeding something i may have in the refrigerator. it said peeled apples should i try it and see or what

I have. Loki doesn't seem to like to eat them. He does like to lick the juice off of my fingers though. Only thing he really likes is crickets. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

beardlover

Juvie Member
Apples are one of Vinny's favorites! When I started her on them, I would offer her small bits of peeled apple she would smell it, but didn't try to eat it. I got her taste it by gently pulling down on her lips and wedging the apple piece into her mouth, once she got a good taste of it she gulped it down like candy. For the first while I would rub the apple on her nose, she would like her nose and then go for the apple. Now she will eat 1-2 slices of apple in a sitting, and if I cut the slices thin enough she is able to bite small chunks off of the slice herself.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Scorch likes apple. I only give her a thin slice and I basically mince it and put it on top of her dandelion greens. Yummy. But like they said not every day. Strawberries, blueberries and rasberies are also supposed to be beardie favorites. But so far apple seems to be her favorite fruit so far.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
Spike LOVES apple! He goes nuts for it, I have to remind myself that it's only a once-in-a-while treat. Little piggy is spoiled...

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
Sunny loves apples. That was the ONLY thing he would eat when he was coming out of brumation. Would not touch any of his old faves. If I tried to put any veggies or strawberries in, he would not eat them. When we put apple pieces in, he would jump down to get them. Apples got us through his picky time. Now, back to pigging out on everything!

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
VEGASLIZARD":e4918 said:
Scorch likes apple. I only give her a thin slice and I basically mince it and put it on top of her dandelion greens. Yummy. But like they said not every day. Strawberries, blueberries and rasberies are also supposed to be beardie favorites. But so far apple seems to be her favorite fruit so far.

All my lizards love blueberries. My 2 beardies why water dragon and uromastix all like blueberries. They also all like blackberries and my water dragon loves crab apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom