Has anyone else seen this video...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Even misting every day won't cause them to get respiratory infections. Many times a day, probably, but no one has mentioned the person said anything about misting them several times a day.

There's nothing wrong with picking off skin that is already coming off. It's just like human skin that's coming off (say, after getting sunburned). If you pick off the stuff that's loose, no worries. If you try to pick the stuff that isn't quite ready yet, then OW.

I've read on many breeders' sites that heat rocks are okay as long as they don't get too hot. There are several ways of checking this, and I'm not going to repeat all of them here. That said, I would never use a heat rock, nor would I recommend it to anyone. In fact, I dissuade anyone from using them. However, if the proper precautions are taken, heat rocks can be fine. Think about it--y'all have basking sites in your tanks, right? How hot does the surface get? How is that any different from a hot rock of the same temperature?

Under-tank heaters are the same way. The key word there is "under-tank," not "under substrate." The beardie should never come into direct contact with the heater. Under-tank heaters are actually really nice for keeping their nighttime temps reasonable, especially if you live in a very cold area and/or like to keep your home cool at night.

As I keep saying, the best way to educate people is to teach them, not insult them.

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
not sure if anyone said this yet but whats the deal with a heat rock that they dont even really need RIGHT UNDER the heat lamp... them dragons are gonna get baked...an a bath would be better instead of a misting on the walls... an my dragon is on his branches more often then not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom