Has anybody left their beardie alone for a few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky1234

Hey guys,

I am planning a vacation soon and I cannot seem to find anyone to look after my beardie. Has anyone left their beardie for a few days? He’s still a juvenile, at about 2-3 months. Is there any way I could keep his food in his terrarium and he would be okay? Please let me know if any of you have gone through this and have some suggestions.

I really appreciate any help! Thanks guys.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do this a lot but my guy is an adult. It's much tougher with the little ones because they need food more frequently. If you're leaving only for a couple of days it shouldn't be a huge deal as long as your lighting is on timers. Give him a big meal before you leave and leave him with a dish of water and maybe some salad. A dish of black soldier fly larvae to pick at would be a good idea too.

Vicky1234

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2h1wcms2 said:
I do this a lot but my guy is an adult. It's much tougher with the little ones because they need food more frequently. If you're leaving only for a couple of days it shouldn't be a huge deal as long as your lighting is on timers. Give him a big meal before you leave and leave him with a dish of water and maybe some salad. A dish of black soldier fly larvae to pick at would be a good idea too.

Thanks so much for the response, I will definitely give this a shot. What would you say is the max number of days a beardie can be left alone and be okay? Hopefully I’ll be able to find someone to watch over him but just thinking worst case scenario. Thanks a lot :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd say it depends on the individual dragon. Some of them are more hands off than others. It also depends on age and where they are in their growth cycle (how much are they eating). Generally speaking I wouldn't want to leave a young dragon for more than a few days at most. An adult is probably fine for a week on their own but it's not good to leave them with a dirty tank and without fresh food. It's best to either travel with them or find someone to stop by and clean up and freshen food while you're away when you have the option available.

Vicky1234

Original Poster
CooperDragon":21lie5ac said:
I'd say it depends on the individual dragon. Some of them are more hands off than others. It also depends on age and where they are in their growth cycle (how much are they eating). Generally speaking I wouldn't want to leave a young dragon for more than a few days at most. An adult is probably fine for a week on their own but it's not good to leave them with a dirty tank and without fresh food. It's best to either travel with them or find someone to stop by and clean up and freshen food while you're away when you have the option available.

Great thank you so much for your insights!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom