Harley's hiding more

Status
Not open for further replies.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Harley is almost 5 months and I have had him since he was 5 weeks. His temps are good with the MVB and I believe his viv is set up right since I reasearched this site for a month before I brought him home.

Okay he has been hiding in his cave more. He seems to me onthe Blah side. He is really not a very active beardie compared to the stories I read on here. He pretty much just bask all day and never explores his 4x2x2. Now I will find him in is cave during the day. A few times I took him out and he stayed out until bedtime. The lights come on at 7:30 until 7pm. He is eating okay and poops everyday in his bath.

I bought the repti aid bottle on here a few days ago from NWCham. and I have given him 4 doses so far to see if I noticed any changes.
Right now he is eating roaches, crickets & butterworms along with his greens.

Please help me. He means the world to me.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Zoom Zoom's been doing the same thing. We had to take her hide out of her tank for a couple of days because she went into the hide to sleep about midday sometime. Tho, Zoom's appetite is less than normal and she's stopped her growing. her temps and uvb are still good. We've had her for just over 3 months now and the company we bought her from said based on her size when we got her she was 3.5 months old then. So, she's about the same age as Harley, maybe a month older and she's doing the same thing.

I wish I knew what to tell you because I'd be doing it myself.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I think I will take out his hide as well. His eating may have slowed a little bit too.

Hopefully someone can give some ideas before I take him to the vet.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
Well 5 months is too young for him to be going through the winter slowdown really.
If he is eating and pooping daily I wouldnt think it is anything serious.
However I understand how the littlest things can make us panic!
he best thing you can do if you want some peace of mind is get a faecal done.
You can call your vets and ask to bring in a sample for a paracites screen. This way you avoid an office visit cost. Prices vary but a faecal is fairly inexpensive and Im sure you will rest a little easier knowing he has a clean bill of health.

Holly

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks. My reptile vet does fecals for $24. My dogs vet said they would do it for me for $56. I asked them so I did not have to drive as far but I think $24 is fair and worth the extra 10 minutes. I will wait a few more days to see if the reptaid has helped. Today he did not hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom