Hard water stains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse2010

88952-471247770.jpg
I've used an old 85 gallon tank to make my bearded dragons cage. I've got all the lighting and decorations just right, but there is still residual hard water stains on the sides of the glass which I can't get off no matter what I try. I have tried super fine wet sandpaper, vinegar and dawn soap with a magic eraser. Any ideas of something I can try? I can move her to a much smaller tank and use chemicals if I have to, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try rubbing toothpaste on an area, let it sit for a bit and then rinse it with a vinegar/water mixture and see if that gets the stains out. Bar Keeper's Friend is known to be able to get hard water stains out too. I usually keep some of that in my kitchen and use it on pots/pans. It's an acid so you'll want to rinse it very well with water afterward but it's likely to do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom