Happened Again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro

Ill assume by now most of you know Wrex hehe. Well the problem he had yesterday happened again even after I took the platform out. He is currently in shed so Ive been given him some soaks to help with it and when he went in the tub it had some shells in it again.

The temp on the basking spot is at 102 (cant get any hotter till I make a smaller platform) and hes under the light like he should be and has been acting like his normal naughty self causing trouble everywhere he goes :roll: . Could there be some underlying cause or it it normal that they dont digest the entire exoskeleton? My water dragon does the same thing just not as bad as she eats less than he does and her setup is perfect. I made sure of that after an earlier incident when I got her hehe.

EDIT: The family I got him from said they got him a checkup and fecal before they sold him. The vet said he perfectly healthy :|

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I wouldn't worry quite yet. Since the basking temps just changed yesterday, it's possible his digestion isn't quite back up to par yet. Let us know if it continues though. Do you see parts of any of his other foods in his poo or just crickets?

Shiro

Original Poster
Its just the shells. Really tiny pieces that dont seem to be digested. Ya I know I shouldnt worry just yet but Im a worry wart when it comes to my lizards :p.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Tiny pieces shouldnt bother you. Its only large chunks or completely undigested bugs that should concern you. Ruben was badly impacted when I rescued him and he's always had digestion issues since then.
I wouldnt neccisarily be concerned about the temperature. 102 is plenty high enough for Wrex's age. Id say it is more likely to be the time that he spends basking after he eats.
If he has had a dodgy bowel movement a day or so ago its unlikely his digestive system will immediately return to normal. Ruben often takes a few days after an upset to get back on track.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom