handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky617

I want to handle my :love5: beardie :love5: more, but I am afraid that he will become too cold because he is no longer under a heat lamp.

So I guess my question is, will holding him make him cold, and if so how long will i be able to hold him before he does get too cold?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
You can hold him as much as you and he want. Your body will keep him warm. The only REALLY important time not to take him out from under his lamp is the couple of hours after eating so his digestion doesn't get upset. I typically hold my kids for several hours and none of them have ever been any the worse for wear because of it. I like to jack up the heat before taking them out, but that's as much for me as them. However, if he wanders off and falls asleep in a cool corner, it's time to go back in the tank to warm up again.

I handle all of my beardies every day. If its chilly, I wrap them in the beardie burrito (small fleece blanket wrapped around). They love it. All of my beardies enjoy being handled and would miss it if they weren't handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom