Handling/moving around with a baby dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently, like 4 days ago or so got my first Bearded Dragon. She's around 4 and a bit inches, so young. (this is nose to bum and does not include tail). We've slowly been building a relationship, of me petting her and her slowly accepting it. I've even managed to hold her in one hand while cleaning the paper towel out of her home.

The thing is when she finally realizes she's out of her home and such she then decides to swiftly move up my chest to my back and I'm worried she might fall from back there. She moves swift if she decides to so I'm unsure how to handle her. Its not panic moving, its just her wanting to explore I believe because if i grab/pick her up off my shoulder before she makes it out of reach she doesn't panic.

I know with adults they're slower and more calm but I'd like some advice how to handle her without having to fear that she'll fall off my back or jump off. I don't want to hurt her and I don't want her trapped in her home all day.

I recommend just holding her everyday in a confined room, maybe let her/him run around the bathroom even? maybe let her sit on your lap or even just hold her in your hands for now. when they are that small it can be tricky, i probably wouldnt even put them on my chest yet cause there so small and will probably jump off not realizing what their doing. Good luck! the more you handle it the better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom