Handling issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie who is about 3 months old os not scared of me. He eatsout of my hand and lets me pick him up but once on my hands he will not sit still. He shows no signs of agression and just seems interested in exploring. I'm wondering if this os normal and if it is just becaise of age or if he is trying to run away. Any advice would be helpful

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Probably age and curiosity. Pepper was an unyielding explorer at that age, he wouldn't stay near me for the world. Can you make a safe place for you to sit with him while he adventures?

Oszs

Both my dragons were SUPER active when they were younger, that's a great thing! It's a sign of good health. Getting either of them to sit still has pretty much impossible until they were quite a few months old, I wouldn't be too worried if I was you. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, he's exploring. It's really fun to watch the little guys explore the house. He'll probably do that his whole life to an extent, but will slow down and be a bit lazier as he ages as has been said. Enjoy this stage while it lasts, it's fun =)

thegame345

Original Poster
Taterbug":vaysvq9o said:
Probably age and curiosity. Pepper was an unyielding explorer at that age, he wouldn't stay near me for the world. Can you make a safe place for you to sit with him while he adventures?

I was thinking of using the bathroom with the door closed and toilet closed ect. But it has cold tile flooring so he moght get chilly. I was thinking of laying out towels on the floor so he wouldn't get too cold. I don't want to use my bedroom because there are too many hiding places. Is it okay for one that yoing to walk aroubd on towels?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Towels should be OK for him to walk around on. I'd keep a close eye on him in a bathroom though because they will lick everything as they explore. I'd be concerned about him licking anything with residue from harsh cleaners. I suppose the answer to that is just make sure everything he may come in contact with is rinsed down pretty well.

thegame345

Original Poster
CooperDragon":dybca57v said:
Towels should be OK for him to walk around on. I'd keep a close eye on him in a bathroom though because they will lick everything as they explore. I'd be concerned about him licking anything with residue from harsh cleaners. I suppose the answer to that is just make sure everything he may come in contact with is rinsed down pretty well.

Perhaps the computer room then. Theres a window sill he moght like to sit on. Its carpeted though and I have read thats not good for beardies. Only places for him to go would be the computer or filing cabinet. I may try that after work and post some pics if it is successful.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds OK to me. They like to look out the window too. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes =)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You can also use towels/blankets to block off dangerous areas. I agree he might enjoy looking out the window.

thegame345

Original Poster
Taterbug":15j0cwmv said:
You can also use towels/blankets to block off dangerous areas. I agree he might enjoy looking out the window.

That's a good idea. Thanks for the advice everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom