Hand waving

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaANDMason

I just recently got my beardies .. I have checked gender wise and I'm pretty sure they are male and female . I rescued them to realise the previous owner could have been abusing them .. they hated any sorts of move ment and especially hated being fed with tweezers .. they are getting better slowly .. the "female" has a shorter tail .. the previous owner said it was the cause of fighting between the two.. they love laying close to ea chother and seem fine .. But oddly today they have been hand waving and head bobbing the whole day .. and early had a slight incident of the male opening his mouth at the female ... should I separate them ? Or is it a mating thing ? They are still very young .. being 3 months old ..

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Yep. You'll need to separate. Beardies are territorial and will fight and definitely injury or even death can occur.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Separating need not cost a small fortune. And this REALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE IMMEDIATELY.

You have two who need their own rearing tanks , so here is how to set up a couple (2 or more) tubs or totes) to individually house 2 (or more hatchlings or juvenile beardies) . see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480 , in my limited experience , stacked tubs is the best way to go, as they can not see each other all the time , and only get to see each other when one is out of it's tub (for bonding , handfeeding , cuddles or to run about adventure fun time , expect head nods , armwaving etc when they do see each other but if they never get to come out together , no harm will be done .... and you can enjoy watching them "chat" and "flurt" (when it's the season).

If you have the lights (UV rated at least 10% and 24W) and basking globe and fittings handy , two 100 - 140L tubs / totes can be converted and ready to be use in a few hours.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I'm adding my voice to the need to separate them. If you want to see what happens to beardies left together, just look through my post history on Gonzo (orginally called Steg by his previous owners) and Evee. I adopted them as rescues from a local shelter. Gonzo lived about 3 months...Evee passed this February. Laying near or on each other is a dominance thing. Arm waving is a way of saying they are submissive, head bobbing is dominant. They need to be separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom