Halogen Flood bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2twinsplus2

Hatchling Member
Hi All-

I have a quick question for you all. I currently have one beardie and I have purchased another one who will be sent to me as soon as I get her terrarium all set up.

For the one that I have now...I have a Reptisun over the cage, a 100 watt light bulb (just a normal one) and a 50 watt halogen bulb that I purchased from ReptileUV when I purchased a MegaRay that I haven't used yet (current dragon is doing so well with Reptisun that I figured I would save the MVB for the new one. When I ordered the MVB, I spoke to Bob Mac on teh phone and he told me that the MVB would not generate enough heat so I should buy the 75 watt halogen as well....it ended up I got 75 and 50 and after playing around with a lot of combos...I can get great temperatures with the 50 watt halogen flood and the 100 watt normal bulb.

For my new beardie, I am planning to set up the MVB that I got from him and then I will need just normal light and heat. I seriously doubt that the 75 watt that I have in the house will be enough for heat for her....can I just go to the store and buy a normal halogen flood bulb at lowes or somewhere like that or is there something special about the ones that Bob sell...I would really not pay shipping if I don't have to and the combo's I ordered the last time really didn't work out quite right at all.

Thanks!

Alison

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
Hi Alison :)

I use halogen flood lights myself! I use a 50 watt phillips indoor/outdoor flood lights and they're working great for me!

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
wal-mart or any doityourself store has halogen bulbs cheap.
They work just as well as pet shop bulbs for half the price.
I use a 50 watt in the summer and 75 watt in the winter.
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom