Had my darling for almost 3 months now. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy1988

Have a few questions and just observations.

First im pretty sure he has parasites, his behaviour hasn't changed and he is still eating me out of house and home but his poo smells now and has been reddish twice now unrelated to food. Im sending a 3 day pooled fecal sample to a lab. (on day 2) Is that ok or is it more urgent, should i take him to the vet straight away?
I love having him out in the house how long is it safe before he will miss his uv light?

Thats my questions over! Is anyone else amazed with their colour changes?? I didn't even know beardies changed colour before I got him. His temps were a few degrees too low when I got him and he was really dark, I thought this was his natural colour. Then upped temps (trading the advice from the petshop for the advice here) and his colour completely changed, he looked like another lizard.
Now if im more then 10 seconds late with his locusts he will climb his log and sit there with his chest mottled and dark until I get the hint! But my favourite is when he goes dark because he wants to come out and turns his chest milky white when i get him out and pet him <3
I also love the way he seems to control how bright his orange, yellow and red show, hes just magnificent in the bath.
Actually I do have a question regarding colour. When I got him from the shop he was in with the non morph beardies though the owner said he had morph in him. (cant remember which he said) He has had a full shed and shed his arms and tail twice and each time his colour has been much brighter then his previous colour. Not just bright compared to preshed dullness but going from brown to orange and having a few yellow markings on his neck which weren't there at all before shed. So my question is do beardies change colour as the age and shed?

Im sure I had more things to say and ask but can't remember them now.

Love Lucy and Lovebug

Lucy1988

Original Poster
I'm a durr brain its only been 2 months since I've had him! Remembered another question though. He was 65 grams when I got him, he is now 174, is that a normal growth rate? Xx

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Hi relating to the 'red' pooh is this the urate?

A discloured urate can be so from certain foods, or it can also indicate low calcium levels.

Their colour changes in mood and tempeture, my boy is really bright and looks great when he is not sulking in the cool end lol

I let Bilbo run about the lounge at his lesure, his viv is on the floor and when he starts banging at the glass I just open it up, provided he has done a pooh first, and he goes in and out as he wishes

Best cuddles are always first thing for me when he is all cold i warm him up, I think then he appreciates me hehe

Sounds like normal growth rate to me, they grow like a nothing on this earth to start with, Bilbo is over a year now and has grown half an inch in 3 months but when he was younger some weeks he was growing 1 inch a week

Lucy1988

Original Poster
Hey,
no the red is in his poo, I've sent it of to a lab to be tested then vet for him this week. I think I love it best at night when he snuggles down to sleep :)

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
That's great news, the urate should be a nice white.

They are cute when they get comfy to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom