Had another great day with Milo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was just a good day! Took Milo outside for some natural sunlight which he really enjoyed. Then brought him in and fed him some greens with calcium supplement, which he ate a TON of to my surprise. Then I gave him a bath and he drank a TON of water which was great! Really happy!

JFleegs

Awesome! I've been trying to introduce Dorito to the outdoors but he gets a little stressed, he's still a juvenile. Beautiful day in upstate ny to bring him out though.

erikadickson

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Love that name! Yeah Milo used to be pretty crazy when I took him outside but he's getting used to it. I live in Florida so today was great weather for outside. But in florida there's tons of wild lizards (like, seriously, tons) which sorta freak him out LOL! The other day I had him in my mesh hamper and a few lizards kept walking up and checking him out, it was so odd! A lizard even started climbing on the mesh to try to say hi, which really freaked Milo out. It was really funny though!

JFleegs

Thanks! Like the name Milo too, I have a giant tremper albino leopard gecko named that. Hm interesting that lizards react that way haha. Yeah we just have lots of birds and squirrels. Dorito gets a little frightened then curls up in my hands so I brought him back in. He's also shedding his back and you can see the his fresh pattern in the sun it was awesome looking fire reds and oranges.
Always nice to have good days. I'm a new bd owner and it's amazing how these little guys have such personality.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like Milo is having a great time! :D That is really neat some wild lizards were trying to visit him. LOL
We all love pictures so feel free to post some here or we do also have an "Introductions" forum where you can post pictures, too.

Tracie

GiseleC

Hatchling Member
My beardies are still young too and its just starting to get warmer out! if you are trying to get him used to the outdoors what ive been doing is opening the window and letting them sit on the windowsil (theres still a screen so they cant get out.) they love it! i have a little pillow i made for each of them and they just sit there and look at stuff. its great because they feel safe inside but can get used to the sounds and smells of the outdoor. we live in the basement of a relative's home so the ground is level with the window so everytime a leaf moves or something like that they get right alert LOL it so funny! I ordered a couple of leashes from The Worm Lady.com and cant wait to get them! they are great for letting them roam around the house and outside! :) i also love the laundry basket idea too!

erikadickson

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
GiseleC":1dyqyj9s said:
My beardies are still young too and its just starting to get warmer out! if you are trying to get him used to the outdoors what ive been doing is opening the window and letting them sit on the windowsil (theres still a screen so they cant get out.) they love it! i have a little pillow i made for each of them and they just sit there and look at stuff. its great because they feel safe inside but can get used to the sounds and smells of the outdoor. we live in the basement of a relative's home so the ground is level with the window so everytime a leaf moves or something like that they get right alert LOL it so funny! I ordered a couple of leashes from The Worm Lady.com and cant wait to get them! they are great for letting them roam around the house and outside! :) i also love the laundry basket idea too!

The window thing is a great idea! And yeah, I have a leash from my old beardie but it's too big :( I'll just have to wait til Milo grows some more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom