Gypsy's Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.
allo allo folks! well the previous thread i made for my girl gypsy got locked due to no activity.bah.>.< so i'm making a new one! :blob8: i'm happy because i just got the beardie calendar...love staring at cute lil Drachen.XD trying to get Gypsy to eat her veggies, just put some shavings of baby carrots in her dish and she's suuuper close to them..well she was,she JUST moved, but she had her foot in her food dish. so hopefully if i withold her superworms,she'll munch down on her veggies. decided to put her blanket in her cage,so it makes a comfy soft basking spot under her lamp..which is due to be replaced soon,just need some money.^-^0 OKAY,SHOW OFF PICTURE TIME!!

lookit the spoiled lil princess! this is a hat costume i made for Gypsy around Halloween.

princess_gypsy_1_by_crystalsetsuna-d4bqlzn.jpg

princess_gypsy_2_by_crystalsetsuna-d4bqm66.jpg

i also got around to making gypsy a better now christmas hat. though the tilted down part needs a lil more work..

santa_gypsy_3_by_crystalsetsuna-d4jyyg3.jpg

santa_gypsy_1_by_crystalsetsuna-d4jyy2e.jpg

santa_gypsy_3_by_crystalsetsuna-d4jyyg3.jpg

and i can FINALLY show a nice picture of Gypsy's tank..which i never got the chance to on the old thread due to laziness...XD pardon the rather poor lighting. in back in a nice lil styrofoam and non toxic plaster thing my dad carved and made.

IMG_20111207_213913.jpg

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
actually the dress was remarkable easy! i just cut out two peices of cloth, sewed the top ends together, put a lil big of velcro on each corner so it'd go under her and boom!^^ a dress!

and yes it does look like she's clinging to it...XD so silly!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a pretty necklace & did you tell the owner of that other beardie that Gypsy is normal & not fat? And that their beardie is underweight, no wonder it was eating all the worms! I hate meeting people who don't have a clue on what a normal beardie should look like :angry5:

I'm glad that you had a good time at Repticon & that your friend is back on her feet; that's good news! I'm also amazed that Gypsy's grandparents would take care of her for 3 weeks, my folks aren't reptile people. I have a young man, he's 17, he breeds & raises cresties & leos & has 8 snakes that he also breeds. He comes in daily about 5:30 to put my crew to bed, as i don't get home until after 9p, which I find is just too late. So I'm really glad, as he'll watch them if I'm away for a couple of days. Haven't left them for more than a weekend so far!

Thanks for the pics, Gypsy looks wonderful, as usual. And the pic of her on the koala bear is really cute!

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
uh oh! i didn't realize Gypsy was actually at a normal weight. my parents and i always thought she was fat...>.>... i could tell that beardie was skiiinnneeeehh though.

and yeah. my dad LOVES gypsy to death. XD he's always helping me improve her life. he helped build her cage, get it set up and outfitted, helped make her hats and dress. my mom's not as fond of her as my dad but she stills likes Gypsy. she was just amazed at how much personality Gypsy has!*giggle*

and actually, Gypsy is hanging out on a husky dog plushie. XD Gypsy's the one acting like a koala!

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
About to leave for work but i just had to post this. XD

for the past half hour, Gypsy has been laying on the edge of my bed, watching ' My Cat from Hell" XD crazy lizard i thought you liked cartoons! but it's so cute and sweet..and i've replanted her collard green plants, and am trying to grow more mustard greens...so her weaning onto greens will continue and succeed eventually! i know she's getting hungry, she tried to eat her water eyedropper the other day....XD

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So funny, my guys all watch TV. When Gabriel (my newest rescue, have had him for 3 mo) was eating his babyfood this am, there was bird song on the TV & he kept looking up for the birdie! So funny, but he didn't get too stressed about it, being on my hand at the time.

I'm glad Gypsy's starting to eat greens, I'm going to be planting some seeds this weekend, it's been so cold here, but it's now starting to warm up, so have Monday off and will get them done this weekend. Hopefully they'll grow well & I'll have some fresh greens for them for awhile.

More pics when you have time, love pics of your girl, she's such a beauty!

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
XD it always amuses me when i realize Gypsy is watching tv raptly, just like a little kid. whether she is actually watching it or just enjoying the pretty moving colors,i don't know.XD

And yay, my collard green plants are starting to seriously perk up! no sprouts from the mustard green seeds though. must remember to water before work.>.> anyway i will take some photos tonight hopefully when i come home from work! thank god it's a short day...maybe i'll make gypsy a little 4th of july hat! XD that just might be my new project!^^

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oops nevermind about the mustard greens! tons of little sprouts coming up already!!^^ excited!! will take photos of Gypsy's food tonight after work. gotta head out now!

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
The picture of gypsy dressed as a princess is priceless. You are very clever to be able to make those costumes.

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
okay i took pictures of the plants...but i'm too lazy to connect my camera and upload them...XD

but good news! i got Gypsy to eat a bit of her salad! made a very tastey combination of collard and mustard greens, with carrot shavings and a single grape snipped into little pieces. using some worms, i was able to get her to eat a few good mouthfuls of greens. maybe now she'll realize, "hey...this stuff is food! NOM!" here's hoping *prays*

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i still haven't posted the pictures of gypsy's plants...i've been so busy with work...eheheh.....

anyway, gypsy is being VERY good! she's eatting the pellet things my parents got her for christmas! so she's getting plenty of nutrients and water. healthy and lazy as ever.^^ and she's still such a good pooer! so yeah, just a quick update before work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom