Guitar Bother animals???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I got a bug question. I have a box turtle, and 2 bearded dragons in my room. But I have been playing guitar for almost 3 years now. Does the noise bother them? If so, where should I put them. They can't go in the living room because there's already a bunch of stuff there, our basements a mess, so should they stay in my room or should I find somewhere else for them?

Would the basement be too bad for them? I mean, we can really clean it up get some rugs and stuff to make it a hang out kind of area. So what if I moved two of the tanks down there?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From what I've seen, noise doesn't bother dragons too much. I often listen to records in my living room where the enclosure is and none of my guys have reacted to the sounds at all and will often just sleep through it since it's usually after their bedtime. They can hear so don't get too excessive with it, but at a reasonable level it should be fine.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, thanks Cooper. It's mainly my Box Turtle I read about noise sensitivity from vibrations.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure how a turtle will react as I don't have one, but dragons are fine with it. I'd guess that as long as it isn't loud enough to bother your ears then the turtle will be OK too.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I don't play too loud (only when friends are over every other month or so). I appreciate it! I'm going to keep it all in my room

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I have played bass guitar for as long as I have owned reptiles (about 30 years). Bass wavelengths are so long they travel through walls and floors easily.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Country has the same effect on me. I can listen to rap, pop, hard rock, metal but country is unbearable to me, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson excluded.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I'm a late arriver to metal. I just heard Roots playing in a store one day and I was like must have that music. DIdn't care too much for Soulfly. But I do like Hard Rock too...Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch. I like Megadeth too but Mustaine severely dates some of his songs with too specific references to current events so I don't listen too much to them anymore. Threw in Megadeth since you mentioned Slayer. I totally gave up on Metallica. Todays music is much better than what I grew up with in the 1980s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom