Guidance from an experience Bearded Dragon owner needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I actually used a number of twist ties, but you could use fishing wire or other type of wire from Home Depot. And it IS mounted under the screen in my pic, but I have stronger screen. You could do that but also loop it around the entire lid as well to keep it in place. BYW, I'll be gone for a while if I'm slow to respond to more Q's, be back later in the day.

Rshargani098

Original Poster
101987-1311526569.jpg

Quick update we changed the tank around. My girlfriend put white printer paper omaround the outside and we placed the uvb hood inside underneath the mesh lid. (We already has command strip on the back holding It to the dresser, so we moved It in and stuck It to the glass)

Also after a quick run he ate like 2 tiny pieces of collard greens, 2 tiny pieces of kiwi 1 1/2mealworms, and 3 crickets. I understand meal worms aren’t goon but from mr.mittens lack of appetite I figured maybe try It and see if it’ll strike interest. In time I will switch to baby food then after words try Dubia roches and also get Phoenix and horn worms.

I really hope he isn’t lethargic, his lack of appetite and eyes being closed bother me a lot. His urate is good so he’s not dehydrated. Just hoping the change of tank and increase of temp he will get better.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That looks good. :) Remember to get a 75 watt basking bulb, the 50 is probably not getting the temp. high enough. That's critical for a baby especially. He can always move away from the heat if it's too hot up there but if it's not hot enough he can't help himself in any way.

BTW, you say you have a Reptisun bulb in the zilla fixture ?

Rshargani098

Original Poster
Yeah I have a 10.0 reptisun fluorescent tube in the Zilla hood. We don’t really “hand feed” it’s more like assist feeding and usually every meal.

I have to softly use two fingers and rub from his jaw to the tip of his mouth in a pinch like motion and he opens his mouth on his own this way. I don’t believe barging his mouth open is any good.

We are going to try feeding him baby food through a syringe and Pedialyte for to start everyday and towards the end see if he’ll eat on his own

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You really don't need any pedialyte, but still give him some water via eyedropper or syringe. Many dragons suddenly die of renal failure as adults, often because the owners have read that they get all the moisture they need from the food and they become dehydrated without the owner knowing. They do get SOME moisure from food but extra hydration should always be offered. When I was hatching dragons they drank from being sprayed every day until they were in the 11-12" range. Every new hatchling drank water droplets even though they ate loads of insects every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom