Grumpy new adoptee - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberntsenr

Original Poster
I am estimating roughly a foot from nose to end of tail but he is definitely smaller than the.full grown beardies I have seen. He is eating alot more than the previous owners said they fed him so he may be making up for lost time. I hope he starts to trust us soon!

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
That is pretty small. : ( are you sure his age is correct. And don't worry he will msot likely grow through a different spurt.

And trust will come with time, and lots of love!!

~Haley

jberntsenr

Original Poster
His previous parents got him as a hatchling. The pet store said either he was inserted or he is a she...but even then, he/she is small.

He was all flared again this morning. We are moving him off the floor tomorrow and I really hope this improves his mood!

jberntsenr

Original Poster
We just got home and checked on Spike. He is starting to shed like crazy! His tail is starting to peal and his back has an inch of skin off already! I am hoping this is why he has been grumpy this week....we are still moving him off the floor and across the room so he is not so startled when we come into his room....

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
That was probably a huge part of his tude lol!

Puff can even get a bit grumpy when it comes to shedding. It must feel so itchy!

~Haley

jberntsenr

Original Poster
Well, took the beardie to the vet and "he" is a "she"! She is a normal size and is about full grown and very healthy :D

We moved her cage so she can see us coming in and she is much calmer. We are working on building a table so we do not look so scary to her. Also scrubbed everything in her cage and put in a hiding cave for her. She is already snuggled up in it for the night.

Her name is now Cora.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Ah, lovely name! Not to be pushy or anything, :wink: but have you taken any pictures of her yet? Surely you wouldn't miss an opportunity for us to oooh and aaah over Cora, would you? :wink: :wink:

Suz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom