Growth spurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourmaline

How fast should a baby beardie around 3-4 months old grow? My baby was 8 1/4 inches long when I first measured him on July 23rd, I just measured him today and he's around 9 1/2 inches without lowering his head (he's in his exploring mood), so he's probably actually a little more than 9 1/2 inches. Is he just growing insanely fast or is this normal for a beardie his age?

He gets fed crickets, dubia roaches, and phoenix worms twice a day, dusted with calcium daily and vitamins twice a week. He eats, basks, poops, and drinks like a champ. He was underfed in the store and no one could get him to eat, so maybe the good food and space now is making him grow like a weed?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They all grow at different rates so it's hard to compare but it sounds like he's healthy and doing well under your care. They do grow in spurts so you may just be seeing an uptick at the moment. He may level off for a while or keep going it's hard to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom