Growing beardie food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivyna J Spyder

Juvie Member
Starting this spring, I've begun trying to grow my own beardie food outside in my new garden (since I already breed someof my own bugs.) Mostly the staples- collard, kale, turnip, mustard, dandelion, and a variety of fancy lettuces for variety, as well as some veggies.

I've read that it's common for tortoise owners to grow these weed/grass seed mixes, and I was looking into it as a way to provide even more variety. It'd be really cool if there was similar research into exactly what plants beardies eat in Australia and a way to buy seeds for them, but otherwise I'm going to take what I can get.

I've seen a few people selling bearded dragon mixes on ebay, like this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230350192843

Has anyone else ever tried to grow their own like this? Did your dragons like it? I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
We were thinking about planting some greens in are garden this spring for our dragons, but havent got around to it yet.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
I grow clover, (tried the dandelion but killed it lol) squash, alfalfa, and one other thing but i cant rembmer what it is.... anyways if you can get it to grow and not kill it like i do then you will be set... i'll probably just keep buying from the grocery store,lol!!! :laughhard:

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
My mother is going to try growing collard for me in her garden this summer. I figure it probably won't go so well. Our summers always tend to be dry, and I think collard requires a good bit of moisture. We'll see, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom