Grout Sealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
I was wanting to use something other than mod podge (I don't care for the shiny look) and was wondering if something like this would work?
http://www.seal-once.com/en/industrial-multi-surface-sealer
It seems like it covers all the health concerns but my problem is it isn't sold anywhere near me. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a sealer? For the rock I've made before (gecko tanks) I used a sealer that I found at lowes (http://tile-guard.com/Product-Information/Penetrating-Grout-Sealer-16oz) and after I used it (and it had been in the tanks for a long time) it says not to be used on food surfaces. There hasn't been any ill affects on the geckos but I wasn't sure about using it again.

Badmojomn

For grouting projects, I have been suggested by others to use: 511 H2O+water-base sealer, by Miracle company.

Or Polyvine dead flat finish varnish ( I had to order online) suggested to use by Becky Wheeler on youtube.com. She makes a ton of things and uses this. No odor.

Lilbear

Hatchling Member
I've built a couple of these basking platforms with grout, acrylic paint and sealer. The final step has always been somewhat of a sticking point. I've used modge podge(sp), acrylic grout sealer, and Thompsons water sealer. Modge Podge is Elmers glue like, goes on thick and pastey...didn't like it. Thompsons water sealer....didn't think it was safe...so acrylic grout sealer was the ticket. Four coats and forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom