Gross and dead crickets...are the alive ones still safe?help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaninja

So I went to Pets Unlimited to pick up some crickets while I waited for a shipment two days ago. As of today, 60% of them are dead and turning black...or maybe some of them were black to begin with. A lot of them are laying on their backs and moving a little bit. There's this one cricket with some white stuff coming out of his back and he can barely move. He looks super gross and I don't know if its safe to feed the rest of the alive and moving and seemingly healthy ones to my beardie. I noticed a small round white glob of something on the top of the feeder tank earlier, but it was the only one I could see. Thought I saw a little fly earlier too. Please help! He doesn't have much food except these crix and its a half hour drive to go get more so I'd like to know if its safe to feed the rest of them. Pics included of the gross, white, puffy cricket. Thanks.
http://m781.photobucket.com/albums/shaninja420

The pics may be upside down.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...were these the crix from the pet store or the ones you ordered ? Sometimes they die in shipment if they get too hot. And yes, the live ones can be used. The puffy white one is just molting....they shed their old " skin" and come out like a soft alien,white with black eyes. Use up the ones that are dying first, then clean the actual dead ones out and give the live ones cricket food + drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom