Greetings from NE England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moggy

Hi folks,

I've been browsing the forum a bit over the past week researching the best set up for a beardie and thought i'd sign up and join in.
I had a leopard gecko for around 14 years (from a few months old) but he sadly died a couple of weeks ago.. a few pics here

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/mogg-y/lizard/
IMG_1942.jpg

nehoo, i've now got a larger viv (l36"xd19"xh21") to set up for a bearded dragon. i need lighting, heating, flooring and furniture and have to say the info on this site has been very very helpful and has given me plenty of ideas.

i was thinking of setting up with a 24" reptisun 10 tube and a ceramic heating lamp for basking. also possibly a smaller pygmy lamp for some extra light at the cool end of the viv. once everything is set up i'll start looking for a beardie to enjoy it.

well, nice to meet ya
Moggy

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the site Moggy!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Leo =( Its always hard to have a beloved pet cross the rainbow...
It sounds as if you are on the right track with the bearded dragon care. I would use white lights for basking and cool lamps during the day. If you would like to use the ceramic heat emitter at night (if your house gets below 65F - 18.3C) or for the cool side you can during the day you can. Are you able to get the reptisun 10.0 in England? If not, you can get an even better bulb that we here in the US cannot get - the arcadia 12% UVB.

-Glue

Moggy

Original Poster
thanks for the welcome and the tips. i have ordered a 30" arcadia and the starter/controller to go with it. also a 75w halogen basking spot light. going to get some decorations and set up the temps over the next week

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Oh good! I'm glad you were able to find it.

Just make sure that as you are setting it up, that you use digital thermometers to read your temperatures.

Decorating, I think, is the funnest part. Have fun decorating! But don't overcrowd, obviously =P

-Glue

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
tazznzeppelin":3ujicria said:
What a cutie pie! He looks pretty healthy too. Nice fat stores in his tail already. Congrats on your
new baby!
I totally agree.... congras on your new family member :)

Moggy

Original Poster
thanks, i took him to the vets yesterday for a generl health check and the vet said he was in great shape. he's still a little stressed in his new surroundings but appetite is up and he seems really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom