Green Poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittraff

I cant tell when its started, its been a week or so maybe? My dragons poops are always GREEN. like super greeny-blue and big. Im wondering if he has a parasite or maybe its the new dragon pellets i started feeding him?

I would also like to mention his poops are well formed, like normal just green and maybe a bit bigger than usual. He has also adapted the habit of only pooping in the bath.

Brittraff

Original Poster
daner923":1lm6rcct said:
Sounds like the pellets to me. How much of his diet is pellets?

I moved him onto a full pellet diet supplemented with horn and wax worms plus crickets like two- three days a week

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Whaa? How old is he? I've never heard of a dragon that could get by primarily on pellets - they need the variety of protein, nutrients, and moisture from live bugs.

Brittraff

Original Poster
daner923":3kn3axy3 said:
Whaa? How old is he? I've never heard of a dragon that could get by primarily on pellets - they need the variety of protein, nutrients, and moisture from live bugs.

Well ive just gotten to a point where with school its too hard to get enough crickets, i had to buy them every day, which i cant simply do anymore. He just snacks on his pellets then i throw some veggies in and some bugs. He actually loves the pellets, im not sure about how good they are for him. he also drinks water from his bowl so that covers some moisture there. I was actually like O.O the first time i saw him just drink.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Umm... why don't you just buy more crickets at once, and keep them somewhere? Are you giving him regular baths? How is he getting the proper calcium and vitamin supplements?

Brittraff

Original Poster
daner923":2vxpsrrw said:
Umm... why don't you just buy more crickets at once, and keep them somewhere? Are you giving him regular baths? How is he getting the proper calcium and vitamin supplements?
He gets a bath every other day, i dust the food with the powder, along with all the bugs that go in and the veggies. I did keep them in the cricket keeper, i just never got around to getting a bigger one due to monetary issues so i didn't know the pellets would be bad i was just going off of what the label and a friend of mine said

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
They're okay as part of a diet, but beardies, especailly growing ones, need a lot of very healthy protein in their diet, which is why they have to eat so many bugs. Most growing dragons eat upwards of 50 crickets or other appropriately sized feeders every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom