Great Places to Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Big shout out to Simply Reptiles! :D Their customer service can not be beat, period. Their communication is amazing. Friendly, lovely people. Thanks to them I now have my Zoo Med hood. The ONLY store I had contacted that would order it in. I LOVE it! If you're in the Oshawa area, check them out! :mrgreen:

Myah's tank and hood.
(click to enlarge :wink: )

For the online shoppers, I highly recommend mrherp.ca. Talk about fast! I recieved all of my (many :oops: ) orders with in 2days! You can ask him any question, anytime. I've had different pics of product sent to me when I didn't even ask! :shock: Every E-mail is answered quickly and I've even recieved hand written thank you notes. :D

Canada is taking the hint, we can get better supplys! :mrgreen:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
No cost effective canadian places to buy feeders yet. :( Sigh... The best I got for ya would be 'Capital Dragons.' I priced butterworms and it worked out to $42.98 for a pack of 50. That also includes shipping to my postal code. They have an amazing online store as well. Might be worth your while to check it out. I also know that 'Simply Reptiles' plans on an online store in the future and they stock Pheonix Worms. :D Could be an option later on. The search continues! :lol:
This ad on Kijiji is also really cool. They make custom dog beds but will scale down all of their designs for any reptile! 8)
Kijiji Ontario > Hamilton > pets > accessories > Ad ID 385814098

gmagee

recorpinc.com is supposed to be a good online seller but if you can get into Toronto Tails and Scales sells all of their feeders from dozens to thousands, and is way cheaper plus no shipping cost.

The best thing for me is I take the same ttc bus to go home, so I just pass my house, go there, then I use my transfer to take the intersecting street to the subway, which I can then get home from there - ie no added travel cost if I do it from work.

Now that I've figured that out if I have some extra change sometimes I just pop in to buy a few singles of treat worms :)

I have to watch it though, I think Draco got spoiled after butterworms, lol

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
gmagee":1mrq9kah said:
plus no shipping cost.
What!? That's amazing! :D
gmagee":1mrq9kah said:
I have to watch it though, I think Draco got spoiled after butterworms, lol
LOL! :lol: Oh, yes, the butterworms! Myah just loves them. I give her 2 butters,2 horns and 2 silks or wax, every 2 weeks. But she's not spoiled... Yah right! LOL! :lol:

gmagee

Yeah I guess I meant the no shipping cost as its a store not an online thing, their prices have been beating anything I have found online or atleast matching, and thats before you tack on shipping cost. Like I think its recorpinc.com that has changed to a flat rate of 35 dollars within ontario, more for anywhere else in canada.

If you're looking for crickets think of it this way: recorpinc.com: $25 for 500 and $35 for 1000 (plus 35 shipping) vs. $17 for 500 and $25 for 1000. Before shipping you've already saved $10... so if you're anywhere within the vicinity all you're thinking about is if your gas costs you anywhere less than $45(flat rate shipping cost plus the 10 you save) then you're already ahead.

My bonus for going there is more that I have an older one so I'm not purchasing in the 1000's so I definitely lose out at online for shipping, their prices beat petsmart by far, and I have so many more choices and options. Hell I could add a single horn/silk/wax/butter (or a few) if I had some spare change after my purchase... vs petsmart's overpriced single-cost crickets (10-11c) and then anything else you want from them comes in things like cups of 25 for much more or much more than you would want.

Bobbijo2u

Hatchling Member
For super cricket.. to deliver my address in ontario

Priority
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 $CAD 44.53
Xpresspost
Thursday, August 16, 2012 $CAD 31.18
Expedited
Monday, August 20, 2012 $CAD 16.29

gmagee

Ah thanks alot. If I'm every buying in large enough quantity, probably something like minimum 1000, It would probably be a fairly good financial route to try expediting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom