gravid?? pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
hello,i think my girl Lola is is gravid she hasnt been mated so i know they will b infertile if she does lay some eggs.. what do u think... she is aprox 7 and a half - 8months old

@she is trashing her viv on a daily basis
@she is digging for china ALL THE TIME(she is on repti carpet so she gets frustrated)
@when she isnt digging she is jumping up the sides or is glass surfing
@ she feels lumpy underneth
@she hasnt eaten for about a week she stpped eating and the digging started (i try to feed her all the time she just shuts her eyes and turns her nose up)

she was having her bath the other day and she looked like she was about to have a poo and she was really struggling then this came out (below) after she has passed it she was really funny about her back end being touched when i picked her up
eggy1.jpg

[imghttp://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3927/eggy2.jpg][/img]

someone told me to put her a sand box in to make her more comfy and have somewere to dig.. as u can see below she has been digging in it the time! i put it in 2 days ago and she digs but no eggs yet..
92127410200148376646985.jpg

well what do u all think? if this is what i think it is please can some one tell me what to expect i.e how long will it take? what can i do to help her? and some pointers for a novice would be great

Many thanks

sophie

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
you will need a deeper box for her to dig in. they can make a long tunnel or a deep tunnel. depends on the girl.

last time Tasty Treat laid eggs she stopped eating for about 2 weeks. her poops were smaller and more frequent.

Keep putting her in the lay box everyday, Tasty Treat would dig in it every day before she actually laid her eggs.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
need a a little more advise if poss... she still hasnt laid any eggs its been two weeks and she has eaten nothing in those 2weeks! she is stilll digging a little in the sand box i give her on on the news papper thats on the floor.. what do u think.. can she still b gravid after this long?

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
bunnyrut":1e7l2csn said:
you will need a deeper box for her to dig in. they can make a long tunnel or a deep tunnel. depends on the girl.

last time Tasty Treat laid eggs she stopped eating for about 2 weeks. her poops were smaller and more frequent.

Keep putting her in the lay box everyday, Tasty Treat would dig in it every day before she actually laid her eggs.

hi ya i put her a deaaper tub ion and need a a littlw more advise if poss... she still hasnt laid any eggs its been two weeks and she has eaten nothing in those 2weeks! she is stilll digging a little in the sand box i give her on on the news papper thats on the floor.. what do u think.. can she still b gravid after this long?

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
brittani299":2dk8gd84 said:
It is possible to be gravid that long if it is her first cluch

thank god 4 that! if there is nothing by the end of the week i will take her vets... it is her first time.. is it possible that she hasnt got any eggs even tho she is acting this way? i can feel lumps but i duno if thats her rib cage :banghead:

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i duno what to do now she has gone from diggin for china to just laying in the shade all day again... this pic is where she likes to get and its the furthest away from the heat possible

DSC00682_zps1a30d322.jpg

(please excuse the mess and the news paper i dont usually use it i have repti carpet but while she has a sand box its just easier that was)

also i tried to take a pic of her belly now i can see lumps but then i know where im lookin what do u see? does she look big concidering she hasnt eaten ANYTHIN for 3weeks

DSC00669_zpsb147be11.jpg

brittani299

Extreme Poster
If she stops being active the eggs could be bound in her. The only way to tell about that would be to take her to the vet. But my female did the same thing as yours. She never laid but had every side effect of laying. I would just watch her to see if she starts acting weird or anything

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello,,,so your little girl is worrying you to death! I know just how you feel!! Mine did the same thing at 9 months old. She went on for a month or so,,she wouldnt hardly eat,,it was very scary on a new beardie mom! First of all,,you need to make her a proper lay box, here is a link showing you how:
http://www.everythingreptile.org/making-a-lay-box.html
She doesn't really look very big to me...but in case she truly is gravid,,,you need to watch for sudden weight loss, lethargic behaviour.
Please keep us posted and try not to worry too much, as you can see,,,its not very unusual for them to do this.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so i took lola to the vets coz i was really worried about her being egg bound and he examend her and said she has no eggs (phew) he gave her an injection of vitamin and minerals (she was not impressed! her little beared was goin in and out she was wigglin outa my hand.. in the end i the vet assistant had to hold her i was like a mum takin her child to get there first injections i couldnt watch i nearly cried lol) anyway he said she is in fantastic condition and that if she hasnt started to eat in a few days i should start syringe feed her blended bugs or veg... .. i dun have a clue how i will get her mouth open.. any sugestions? he said that i seemed to be looking after her properly and that she may have just slowed down for the winter.. he did say when he exsamined her he thought she might have a blockage but he said he wasnt sure coz she is so little.. but she has always pooped ok and the reason she hasnt had a poo is coz she hasnt eaten in a .. now the sun is here he said to put her in the garden for half an hour a day aswell and to get some vit and minrals to add to my calci dust...do u think i may have kept her up when she wanted to brumate? i know its rare but it does happen

anyway what do uall thaink

also i think i may b to blame for her lathargic behaviour.. my Bf works nights do in the day my room is dark and mayb she is confused as to when its night time... what do u think

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kcarello":34wvcvoh said:
Hello,,,so your little girl is worrying you to death! I know just how you feel!! Mine did the same thing at 9 months old. She went on for a month or so,,she wouldnt hardly eat,,it was very scary on a new beardie mom! First of all,,you need to make her a proper lay box, here is a link showing you how:
http://www.everythingreptile.org/making-a-lay-box.html
She doesn't really look very big to me...but in case she truly is gravid,,,you need to watch for sudden weight loss, lethargic behaviour.
Please keep us posted and try not to worry too much, as you can see,,,its not very unusual for them to do this.

hi thanks for the link thats great... did urs also go a little lathargic now lola has stopped digging she has gone to layin in the shade all day trying to sleep thins is also worrying me to death

brittani299

Extreme Poster
It is possible that the difference in day and night has messed her up. I know that they need a certain amount of sleep in order to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom