gravid female help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

seymours

Hatchling Member
My female laid 21 eggs in may and im expecting them to hatch here in the next week or two. My female still hasnt laid anymore and its been almost 8 weeks. Is that normal? She laid her first within 3 weeks of breeding. She looks gravid can i do anything?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Yes, offer her baths, and keep her well fed and calciumed. She will lay when she is ready, whether you are or not !

Just relax, sometimes they go earlier than expected, some late. Though if you see her starting to strain, then get her into a vet, as she might be egg bound.

Hope this helps out !
Janie.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
my big female laid her first clutch april 15th and has still not laid her 2nd. Though she has gained all of her original weight back. Sometimes it takes longer. I was speaking to a breeder that i know about this exact issue last night concerning my female he said he has had a female not produce a second clutch for 4 months then pop there they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom