Got some Phoenix Worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
QUESTION.
Do bearded dragons go through pheonix worms as bad as they go through crickets?
i really am considering switching over. but pheonix worms are more expensive and i dont want to be spending like a gazillion dollars.

mrsgeno

I think PW are cheaper ..... I pay 5.69 per 100 if I get med or 150 for smalls.... I pay 12 cents each for crix so for 100 it's 12.00... so it much cheaper to get pw's..... and no need to dust them with calcium... and my Puff loves them... being I have a real rock wall and cave I don't have to worry about crix hiding on her

I like the PW's, but I think crickets are far cheaper. I have 18 beardies to feed now, and I feed crickets, PW's, superworms, waxworms, and lots of veggies. I think the PW's are too small to be more than a "treat" for my adult dragons, though for the smaller dragons they can be a staple of their diet. I order large quantities, and my biggest complaint is that they turn black and my beardies refuse to eat them. I keep the containers moist, but I still have many turn black as they begin to pupate, and I end up wasting them. They are too small and too expensive for being a main feeder for my large family of dragons, but my little ones love them and I'll continue to buy them.

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
Thats actually a lot for crickets!
well my beardies are a little bigger, so they go for the medium ones...
but i have 3 beardies.
i usually spend 30.00 on 1000 crickets every ten days..
but by the end about 150-200 of them end up dieing
and im thinking i could make 400 PW's last a week. and none of them die.
so that would be 26.00 for 400, once a week. or 30.00 for 1000, every 10 days.
MONTH AVERAGE:
PW'S=4.2 weeks(In a month) x $26.00= $109.20 a month
CRICKETS=3 buying days in a month(30 days in a month divided by 10 ) x $30.00= $90.00 a month

i guess not much of a difference. :|

i went ahead and just bought 400 pheonix worms at pheonixworm.com
:D

ill see how long they last me. my females arnt that bad, they mainly eat their greens anyways...
but my male is just a pig when it comes to crickets and worms.
and the funny thing is, my females are fatter :shock:

jbodkin

Hatchling Member
PWs are fine if you have a small BD ... Once they get bigger ... they are to small and need toooooooo many and that adds up FAST!

Roaches and Silikies are the best for your money.

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
yeah... but by the time they are big and adults... they eat more greens then they do meat.

i wont ever keep roaches in my house. even if it saves me money, never ever.

and dont silkies require more maintance then pheonix worms though?

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jbodkin":262b9 said:
PWs are fine if you have a small BD ... Once they get bigger ... they are to small and need toooooooo many and that adds up FAST!

Roaches and Silikies are the best for your money.

im gona agree with that. mine is only 8'' so for now there a great staple food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom