Got an enclosure. Need help with lighting/heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakek

Hey I just got a 4x2x2 wood enclosure with plexi-glass front and ceramic tile flooring. Also note I can only use the middle ft on the top to put lighting

Here is what I have:
36" Repti-sun 10.0
large-ish lamp with repta-sun daylight bulb oover basking.
I am also most likely going to get a lamp with a basking bulb in it aswell

My problems:
Basking rock is only a few inches off the ground and has taken 2hrs to reach 85 degrees.
The tank is generally cold.
The pet stores here are very small and carry limited amounts of things.
The dragon is coming sometime this week!

Any ideas on what I can do?

Don't waste your money buying reptile specific bulbs from petstores for heating purposes. Your best bet is to use halogen bulbs that you can get at any common hardware store. The wattage is going to vary on the ambient air temps and the distance between your bulb and your basking spot. I would recommend a T-Rex Active UV Heat bulb for the UVB: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/uvb-fluorescent-lights-mercury-vapor-bulbs/-/t-rex-100-watt-flood-active-uv-heat-bulb/ or the megaray from http://reptileuv.com. You may need 2-3 bulbs or a ceramic heat emitter to get your tempatures right. I would consider finding a way to elevate the basking spot whether it be by using a stack of flat rocks, bricks, or building a ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom