Going to pick up a Water Dragon as a rescue possible today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelcifer

Hatchling Member
I lurk on CL because I have plenty of free time while my dragons are eatting their veggies and last night some one posted for three beardies and I emailed them haven't gotten a response yet and the next post was for a free water dragon with special needs. poor guy has mouth rot MBD and missing a toe or two. my dad has always wanted one and i knew he would spoile him to death even if he is stunted in growth. so hopefully i can pick him up as i go to rochester to pick up my new cricket tank since he is located in plaistow. I cant wait to see this guy and give him a good home. his owner was taking care of him but they are moving and cant take him with them. and if they are the same ones with the beardies they may be coming home with me as well... i may have to get licenced as a rescue sooner then i thought lol. but i hope all goes well with his hour long trip back to my place!

Kelcifer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have to look up NH laws again but i think i have to be registered for a rescue i dont remember and i need a licence for my supply shop for selling feeders and fish. My rescues come to me and I place them with someone that is going to keep them for the rest of the animals life or I get it back. But I am in the works of setting up a new specialty shop in NH for reptile supplies mostly but with fish and other animal supplies. I'll need my shop up and running to help pay for the rescue lol!

Kelcifer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
it took a couple days but omg i'm tempted to just put her to sleep. this dragon is in horrible shape if she wasn't getting more active and cuddly i would be tempted to bring her with me to the vets so she can finally be pain free. all i can say is wow. i'm going back to get the three skiny stunted poor conditioned beardies she also had. she has a male and female housed together :angry5: trying to produce a clutch yet the female is underweight and small and looks no bigger then a juvi. kansas is three times the size of them and line all three up and they are about the size of my one male. i told not a good idea to keep them together and went through the list of things that she should/shouldnt do. but i dont think she'll listen cuz her bf wants her to keep the beardies. that female is going to die and she wants babies from her. well after i watched her picking everyone up by the tail i was at my breaking point. the water drragon she thought was a male for the past six years turns out to be a female. when i post pics later today i would like to know what you would do, try to keep her alive or just put her down. i'll give alot more info when i post the photos. im off to get the camera now.

EmmyandVael

Thats horrible :( your a good person for rescuing the water dragon my sister had one they are neat! I hope she can get through it!
As for the beardies my fingers are crossed they change their stupid mind and let you take them home!
Good luck with your shop and your rescues!

Kelcifer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sorry i was without internet but here are the before and kinda after pictures. i have had her for ten days now and i will have to take new pictures of the differance in her. Reptaid has done wonders. but here is what she looked like when i first got her.
SSPX0120.jpg

SSPX0122.jpg

SSPX0123.jpg

SSPX0124.jpg

SSPX0119.jpg

SSPX0127.jpg

PICT0440.jpg

i have more buti need to take more. thoughs pictures are from night 1 to day 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom