going crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzo has been going totally crazy for quite some time now. She runs up and down the glass and digs in one specific corner almost all day. Only taking breaks to rest up a little bit before she goes at it again. Her belly seems bigger but I cannot distinctly feel eggs inside of her. She is demonstrating behavior that, according to posts on this website, exhibit that she is wanting to lay eggs. She is probably going on almost 18 months old and has never laid a clutch before so that's why I don't recognize this behavior. She's never had contact with a male so I know the eggs are not going to be fertile. The bottom of her cage is tile so not being able to dig a hole is rather frustrating for her I imagine. My main question is, will she eventually lay her clutch without being able to dig a hole? Or will her body naturally prevent the laying until a hole is dug? from what I have read it seems they will lay their clutch fairly soon after exhibiting these behaviors but gonzo did it for around five days, took about three days off, and now is on her third day of going crazy again. Help would be appreciated... thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom