Going away for a few days. (ASAP HELP NEEDED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I am going away for a few days and want to take my bearded dragon with me. His tank (55gal) is too large and heavy to take with me.
I thought of a plastic bin, a huge cardboard box, a draw from my dresser, and the tank (30gal) that is half set up for frogs.
Due to his heat lamp the plastic would melt, the box might burn, the dresser draw is too long and he is an amazing escape artist, and the tank has a lot of progress and I would have to empty it and ruin my almost done habitat.

Is there a way to safely keep a adult beardie with you to a new place temperarly? Something lightweight and easy to move that wouldn't be a fire hazard with his heat lamp.

Please post ANY ideas below!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
How big is he? You could get a small 30 gallon if he isn't too big for it if it is only going to be ttemporary and they aren'tthat expensive especially if you are going to be doing small trips fairly often

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A few days isn't a big deal. Since he's an adult you could even leave him in his enclosure if you want and he'll be OK. I travel with my guys quite a bit. I have a soccer bag for in the car. I put some scrap towels at the bottom of it and keep cleaner, a leash, and accessories in the side pockets. My travel enclosure is a playpen which I like because it's lightweight and folds up easily. I have an adjustable lamp stand that holds the basking light (a clamp lamp may work too).

76248-2183040744.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Plastic bin works well too. Any kind of decent sized container can act as a travel enclosure. I got the play pen at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-Pop-n-Play-Playard/37312889 The advantage is that it folds up and is really easy to carry and pack. The bottom is tough and waterproof. It has an optional canopy dome for half the top but I don't have that. The downside is that the sides are all mesh and can be climbed so if that's a concern, it may be better to get one with solid sides, at least along the bottom half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom